Saturday, February 16, 2013

Lover's Pizza

This pizza recipe is perfect for Valentines Day. I first heard of it from my partner when we met. He says that it is ironically called Lover's Pizza because all of the toppings are foods that you certainly wouldn't want to eat before kissing someone. I think it's called Lover's Pizza because it is so delicious that I want to marry it. Either way, I hope that you enjoy!


Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes

Ingredients
One (1) pizza crust -- you can make your own, but this time I used pre-made dough from Whole Foods.
One (1) can of pizza sauce -- again, you can make your own if you're feeling it!


Two (2) cups of freshly grated mozzarella cheese
One (1) package of Lightlife Smart Deli "Pepperoni"
1/2 cup of part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 jar of marinated artichoke hearts
1/2 red onion, minced
Three (3) cloves of garlic, minced

Directions
Preheat your oven to 425F degrees.
Roll out your pizza dough into a large circle or square.
Spread pizza sauce evenly over your pizza crust. I like the sauce all the way out to the edges because I'm a pizza rebel.
Evenly spread about half of your garlic on top of the sauce.
Sprinkle the mozzarella evenly over the sauce and garlic.
Dollop the ricotta in evenly spaced intervals on the pizza.
Top with the artichoke hearts, vegan "pepperoni," red onion and the remaining garlic.
Bake for 45 minutes.
Remove, enjoy & eat with your lover!

No comments:

Post a Comment