Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Favorite Food Blogs of 2013

Before the January ends, I should probably post this 2013 round-up post. While I'd be flattered to think that this is the only food blog that you read (d'awww), I know that this would be pretty impossible (and mean that you only eat like, once per week). Check out my favorite food blogs of 2013. If I missed any that you specifically love, let me know in the comments. Enjoy!

Photo from blogher.com
10. A Year of Slow Cooking
This blogger spent a year cooking only with her slow cooker. That was in 2008 and, while I'm not sure she still slow-cooks every day, she is still posting on a regular basis! I am thoroughly impressed with this. that being said, she has a recipe for almost anything you'd like to make in a Crock Pot.

9. Naptown Pint
Not a recipe blog, but this beer blog is one of my favorites. It's written by a friend of mine who also lives in Maryland. She's doing great things for the craft beer community in my state, and does post beer-related food every once in awhile!

8. Two Peas and Their Pod
At first glance, this food blog - written by a married couple - looks pretty corny. Don't let that deceive you. They make some seriously delicious meals and blog the recipes accompanied with drool-worthy photos. Not to mention they have both a vegetarian and a vegan section.

7. Skinnytaste
This blog is absolutely fantastic for anyone interested in lowering fat or calories in pretty much any type of meal. Folks in my office have made a bunch of the desserts featured on this website and, so far, so good. It sounds cliche, but most of the recipes from this website make food that doesn't taste low-fat, and that is valuable.

6. The Curvy Carrot
Copied directly from the "About" section: "My philosophy on food: I don’t eat meat.  I eat eggs every so often, I drink milk rarely, and I inhale cheese." Do I even need to explain why I love this blog?

5. Tattooed Martha
I love this blog for its tattoo/food theme. My two favorite things. The blogger is not a vegetarian, but has plenty of meatless recipes. Also, don't forget to check out her awesome DIY section.

4. Biscuits & Such
This blog is written by a former-Baltimorean, who now lives back in her home state of North Carolina. If you love to fill your belly with Southern comfort food, this blog is specifically for you. I also love that she includes stories about her family, but in a really tasteful way (heh - see what I did there?).

3. Post-Punk Kitchen
Wondering how to cook vegan and make it taste good at the same time? This website is where you need to be. Isa, the mastermind behind PPK, is an amazing chef, and I (not-so) secretly want to be her best friend. While she does have a few cookbooks out (which you should absolutely buy), she - unlike other well-known food blogs - still has a plethora of free recipes for you.

2. The Kitchn
If I'm wondering about cooking with a certain ingredient or searching for a specific recipe, I always look here first. I love The Kitchn because there is just so much here without it feeling overwhelming. I suggest taking an hour or so and perusing all of the lovely recipes, advice, and cooking projects that they have posted.

1. Thug Kitchen
This is my top-favorite food blog for 2013. It's a badass vegetarian blog that wants you to eat your vegetables, goddammit. Just click on the link. You won't be disappointed.

I hope this list has helped you find a few awesome blogs for you to check out & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment