Friday, January 24, 2014

Low-Fat Peanut Butter Dip

I think it's safe to say that I am addicted to peanut butter. I can eat (and have eaten) peanut butter as a part of every meal of my day. I realize that this isn't a sustainable model, especially if I am trying not to gain a million pounds simply because I can't cut out Jif. I found this recipe on FitSugar and it promises to be much healthier and lower calories (40 calories)** than peanut butter, but still has the same taste. I tried it out and was pleasantly surprised. The dip doesn't have the same consistency as peanut butter, but it does taste similarly! I'd suggest eating it the same way you would peanut butter, with fruit, veggies, sandwiches, etc. (although I haven't tried eating it on anything warm yet, not sure how that would go). Enjoy!


Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: none

Ingredients
Three (3) ounces of plain Greek yogurt -- I used Chobani
One (1) tablespoon of your favorite peanut butter -- I used natural creamy Jif
1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon of Vermont maple syrup -- I eyeballed this, and used only a drop, so it might be even less than that. You can probably also use honey instead.

Directions
Stir the yogurt and peanut butter together in a small bowl.
Slowly mix in the cinnamon and taste as you go. You want to be sure that you like the taste!
Pour in the maple syrup slowly and taste this as you go too. Some people may prefer the sweet taste of the syrup, but others may not.
Serve chilled.

Note
**This recipe makes four servings. If you were to eat it all in one sitting, it would be 160 calories.

1 comment:

  1. No judgement here. I am addicted to pb too. I can no longer eat carrots without immediately wanting nut butter to dip them in. That being said, this looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete