Saturday, June 29, 2013

Spinach, Scapes & 'Shroom Pizza on a Cauliflower Crust

The past two weeks I've received the following items in my CSA share: zucchini, cucumbers, spinach, arugula, garlic scapes, cauliflower, and radishes. I feel like I've been making pizza a lot lately, but they are a great way to showcase all of the new produce I've been getting! This pizza incorporates three of this week's items, pretty well, if I do say so myself. The pizza's base is a cauliflower crust (the first time I blogged about it was for a Kale & Pistachio Pizza). I hope you enjoy! This recipe makes a pizza the size of a 9" x 13" pan.


Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes

Cauliflower is grate!
(Okay, okay, I'll stop with the puns.)
Ingredients
Crust
One (1) head of cauliflower
Three (3) eggs, beaten
One (1) cup of romano cheese, shredded
Toppings
One (1) cup of pasta sauce
Two (2) cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
Two (2) stalks of garlic scapes, chopped
Two (2) tablespoons of cashews, crushed
One (1) teaspoon of olive oil
One (1) cup of fresh spinach
1/2 cup of fresh button mushrooms, sliced
Small handful of sun-dried tomatoes

Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Grate cauliflower into a large bowl.
Mix beaten eggs and romano cheese into the cauliflower.
Lay out flat in a greased pan.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Flip and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until it's crispy at the edges.
Remove crust from baking pan.


Spread
tomato sauce on top of crust.
Top with spinach leaves first, and then mozzarella cheese.
Mix the cashew pieces with the olive oil and spread over the pizza.


Spread the rest of the toppings (scapes, mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes) evenly.
Bake for 10 minutes at 350F degrees.
Remove and let cool before enjoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment