Monday, June 24, 2013

Homemade Trade: Coconut Almond Granola

I joined a group called Baltimore Homemade Trade, organized by the lovely Martine (who just guest-blogged this recipe for me). Each month a group of folks get together and trade homemade goods (check out the end of this post for a photo of all of the awesome things I left the event with!). For our inaugural month, I was debating between three or four recipes when I settled on this delicious coconut almond granola. I chose this for two reasons: I ran out of time to make some of the other things on my list, and I am obsessed with pairing almond & coconut flavors. This recipe makes 3 cups of granola and is based off this recipe from Kath Eats Real Food.



Prep Time: 5-7 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes


Ingredients
Two (2) cups of rolled oats -- I used the old-fashioned kind
1/2 cup of slivered almonds
1/2 cup of flaked coconut, sweetened
Two (2) tablespoons of orange blossom honey -- or you can use maple syrup
Two (2) tablespoons of coconut oil
One (1) tablespoon of light brown sugar
Two (2) teaspoons of ground cinnamon

Directions
Preheat your oven to 300F degrees.
In a microwavable bowl, heat the honey until it is thin and mix it in a bowl with the coconut oil and brown sugar.
Toss in the oats, almonds, coconut, and cinnamon and mix until everything is evenly coated.
In a baking dish, grease a sheet of parchment paper and spread out the granola mixture evenly.
Bake for 15 minutes, pull out the baking dish, mix, and put back in the oven.
Bake for another 10 minutes, pull out the baking dish, mix, and put back in the oven.
Bake for another 10 minutes, pull out the baking dish, mix, and put back in the oven.
Finally, bake for another 5 minutes (or until golden brown), and let cool before consuming (or sharing).
Enjoy!

Check out my awesome
haul from the Homemade Trade event!

 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun group! I wish I had known about it when I lived in Baltimore. And the granola sounds really tasty.

    ReplyDelete