Thursday, June 6, 2013

Leftovers Club: Peanut Butter Bread

This month for Leftovers Club, I made peanut butter bread and it is magical! It tastes a little like a peanut butter cookie, but not as dessert-y (or, as my partner suggests, "It tastes like victory.") I suggest eating it warm and topped with butter, topped with jelly (your own PB&J!), topped with Nutella, topped with cinnamon apples, topped with vanilla ice cream or simply by itself. The possibilities! I got the recipe from Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice and it makes one loaf. My Leftovers Club partner (Dan from Platter Talk) will be very happy!


Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes

Ingredients
Two (2) cups of all-purpose flour
One (1) cup of peanut butter -- I used creamy, but I'd be interested to see how chunky worked too
One (1) cup of milk -- I used almond milk
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/4 cup of packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of butter, room temperature
One (1) tablespoon of baking powder
One (1) teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of salt
One (1) egg

Directions
Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
In a smaller mixing bowl, cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together.


Slowly mix the vanilla extract and egg into the sugar mixture.
Once the sugar mixture is completely blended together, spoon the peanut butter into that bowl and mix until it is completely mixed. The original recipe suggests a mixer, but I just mixed it by hand with a spoon.
Slowly pour the peanut butter mixture into the flour mixture, blending as you pour it in.

Finally, pour the milk into the bowl with the batter and mix completely.
Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
Bake for 50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Serve warm or cool, it'll be delicious either way!

Also, don't forget to check out the other recipes from The Leftovers Club from this month: 


Sound like fun? Visit The Leftovers Club for more information!

5 comments:

  1. We are very excited and hope this comes today!! Great post, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is almost too easy to be that delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. I want to smear some chocolate ganache all over this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm making this for the second time using honey in the place of brown sugar in hopes it's more moist. The first time was delicious but too crumbly for my tastes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first visit here. Thanks. Not only do I try to give peas a chance I visualize whirrled peas every day.

    ReplyDelete