Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Peanut Butter Blossoms

My mom used to always ask me to make these cookies for her when I was a kid, and since I saw her over the holidays, I just had to bake them. Of course, I used to make the prepackaged stuff when I was a kid, but I'd venture to say that the homemade version is even more delicious. This recipe makes two dozen extra-large cookies, or bunches of smaller ones (but I wouldn't know because I made super-big ones). Oh, and here's the original recipe, if you're interested.



Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
3/4 cup of granulated sugar (+ a little bit extra to roll the dough around in)
One (1) teaspoon of baking powder
One (1) teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
One (1) cup of peanut butter -- your choice: smooth, chunky, whatever. If you decide to go with homemade peanut butter, add a little bit more sugar to the recipe to balance it out.
1 1/2 sticks of butter
Two (2) large eggs

One (1) teaspoon of vanilla extract
Hershey's kisses (one per cookie)

Directions
Mix all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, blend butter and peanut butter until creamy.

Add eggs and vanilla extract to the peanut butter mixture. Mix.
Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture.
When all blended, roll palm-sized dough balls with your hands.
Roll the dough ball in granulated sugar and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Repeat until you are out of dough.

Before it goes into the oven, press criss-cross patterns onto the cookies with a fork.
Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Once the cookies come out and are still warm, press an unwrapped Hershey's kiss into each of the cookies.
Let cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment