Sunday, July 8, 2012

Zucchini-Potato Frittata

Again, I'm trying to make recipes with foods that I have on hand. My coworker gave me a beautiful zucchini from her garden, I picked up gorgeous onions from the farmer's market this weekend, and I had some red potatoes in my pantry. This frittata was meant to be. The original recipe was posted here, but I made some changes to fit my preferences. This will make enough for dinner and then breakfast the next day. I hope you enjoy!


Pair with: a hard cider like my favorite, JK Scrumpy's.

Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes (some cook & prep time will overlap)

Ingredients
Potatoes & onions ready to be cooked
One (1) medium zucchini, sliced
One (1) teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
Three (3) tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
One (1) pound of red potatoes, sliced
One (1) large onion, halved and sliced
Zucchini ready to be cooked
One (1) cup of sharp cheddar, shredded
1/2 cup of  sun-dried tomatoes

Seven (7) eggs, beaten
Garlic to flavor and taste



Directions

Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
Sprinkle salt over zucchini slices and set aside in a colander. After about 20 minutes, pat dry with a paper towel.
Heat oil in a skillet and toss in the potatoes and onion, over medium-low heat.
Cook potatoes for about 20 minutes, or until soft.
Increase the heat and saute the potatoes and onion for another five minutes.
Remove the potatoes and add the zucchini and sun-dried tomatoes to the skillet, and cook for five minutes.
Add beaten eggs and pepper to a greased casserole dish.
Stir in potatoes, zucchini, onion and then add cheese to the mixture.
Bake in oven for about 30 minutes.
Let cool, slice, and devour.


No comments:

Post a Comment