Monday, July 2, 2012

Ricotta-Basil Muffins

I just found Baker Street's Muffin Monday posts and I couldn't be more excited (no, really, I pretty much told everyone in my office about all of the awesome types of muffin recipes). I made a list of the ones I want to try, and this one was on the top of the list. I have a basil plant at home, so it worked out really well. The original recipe is here, and I made some changes based on what I had on hand. This yields 12-16 fluffy, savory muffins!


Pair with
: a homemade strawberry-basil lemonade
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients
Two (2) cups of all-purpose flour
One (1) tablespoon of baking powder
Two (2) tablespoons of fresh basil, finely chopped
One (1) teaspoon of salt
1/4 tablespoon of pepper
One (1) cup of ricotta cheese

One (1) cup of milk
One (1) large egg
Three (3) tablespoons of olive oil
One (1) tablespoon of canola oil

Directions
Preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
Combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, basil, salt, and pepper). Mix until blended.
In a separate bowl, mix all other ingredients (ricotta cheese, milk, egg, oils). Whisk until blended.
In the bowl with the dry ingredients, make a well  in the center and pour wet ingredients into it.
Use a fork to mix all of the ingredients together.
Spoon dough into lined cupcake/muffin pan.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Let cool & enjoy fluffy goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment