Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes

This weekend is all about creating recipes based off of food I already have on hand. Luckily, I had some delicious juicy blueberries in my fridge (cheers to the summertime!) and leftover ricotta from my ricotta-basil muffins. I can't think of a more cozy breakfast than ricotta blueberry pancakes. This recipe is cut in half from the original and yields six pancakes.



Pair with
: your morning coffee or tea

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes

Make sure to smother your pancakes in delicious syrup!
Ingredients
1/2 cup of ricotta cheese

3/8 cup of milk -- I used almond milk
Two (2) large eggs
5/8 cup of flour
One (1) tablespoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder

Small handful of fresh blueberries
Pinch of salt


Directions
Whisk milk and eggs together in a mixing bowl.
Mix in flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Slowly mix in ricotta cheese. If you'd like chunks of ricotta in your pancakes (trust me -- delicious!), then make sure to swirl it in, but not to blend it.
Portion out in a griddle or pan and top with a few blueberries.
Cook and flip halfway through cooking time.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment