Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pineapple-Cream Cheese Wontons

These pineapple-cream cheese wontons are inspired by the mouthwatering appetizer at RA Sushi.

Ingredients













One (1) 20oz can of crushed pineapple -- I only used about 1/4 of this can, so you can buy a smaller one.
4oz of cream cheese
Two (2) bulbs of green onion, chopped
1/2 package of wonton wraps (about 25 wraps)-- The amount you use depends on how many you want to make
Cooking oil -- I used Canola

Directions

In mixing bowl, spoon in pineapple, green onion and cream cheese. Mix together.
Take out wonton wraps and spoon about approx. one teaspoon of cream cheese mixture into wrap.
Fold wrap into one half-triangle. Ensure there is no air in the pocket and all sides are sealed.
Dip one end of triangle into egg glaze and connect with other corner and "glue" them together.
Heat oil in pan and drop wontons in until fried. -- In my case, I fried one side & flipped.
Let cool and devour.



Tip
Wrapping wontons isn't that difficult, but it was intimidating to me at first. For some special help, check out this site.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious!
    I have all the ingredients in my kitchen so I'm going to give it a try tomorrow.
    Thanks for posting!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I hope you enjoy. Let me know how it turns out & if you have any suggestions.

      Delete