Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cinnamon-Sugar Doughnuts

Using pre-made dough for these doughnuts made this a much quicker experience, so there was less cooking time and more eating time. No, really, if you have no self-control, I recommend inviting other folks over to help you finish these off (says the girl who has eaten five doughnuts today).

Ingredients
One (1) package of buttermilk biscuits -- Make sure they are not the flaky kind. Any other kind are acceptable.
Four (4) tablespoons of butter -- I used vegan butter.
1/2 cup of sugar -- I used Sugar in the Raw, but I don't think it matters.
1/4 cup of cinnamon
One (1) cup of canola oil for frying

Directions

Pull the biscuits apart and cut holes in all of them. -- I used the cap to my olive oil, but you can use anything around the size of a soda bottle cap. Make sure to keep the doughnut holes to fry them too!
Melt the butter in a bowl.


Mix the cinnamon and sugar
in another bowl.
Pour the oil into a large pan and heat to medium heat. -- Not too cool or it'll never warm up, not too hot or it'll burn the doughnuts.
Start by dipping each holey biscuit into the butter and then into the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Then place in the pan and fry. -- I fried both sides, which made them glaze a bit. Fry at your discretion.
Repeat for all doughnuts and doughnut holes.


Let cool
for a moment and devour. But like I said earlier, SELF-CONTROL, PEOPLE.

Finished doughnuts
Finished doughnut holes

No comments:

Post a Comment