Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Baked Egg & Avocado

Apparently, baking eggs inside of avocados has been gaining popularity for the past year or so (Pinterest told me so) and I needed to see what all the hype was about. After trying it, I definitely think they are onto something! It is extremely easy to make, has a great full flavor, and is protein-packed. I topped my egg with parmesan and garlic, but you could easily add anything you'd like. Also, I toasted and sliced up an everything bagel to dip into the warm yolk and it was heaven. This recipe makes two servings.


Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes

Ingredients
One (1) medium avocado
Two (2) medium eggs
Toppings of your choice - I used minced garlic, but I'd also like to try chives, parmesan, sriracha, etc.

Directions
Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
Split the avocado and remove the pit.
Spoon a little bit of the avocado out so there's enough room for the eggs.
Crack each egg into the avocado halves.


Top with minced garlic and any other toppings that you'd like to bake onto the eggs.
Bake for 15-20 minutes (this depends on your oven).
 

Remove, let cool and add any additional toppings.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment