Monday, November 4, 2013

Brie Pastry Bites

This is the easiest & most delicious appetizer I've made in a long time (probably since my last brie appetizer). There are a lot of ways to make this a little more homemade than I did, but honestly, if you're going for quickness & convenience, I suggest sticking to this recipe. It makes 16 servings and is loosely based off of this recipe from Tablespoon.



Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients
Two (2) packages of crescent rolls/croissants -- I bought the Reduced Fat
Four (4) ounces of brie cheese
About six (6) tablespoons of filling -- I used two tablespoons of each: salted caramel sauce, cranberry jam, blueberry jam


Directions
Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
Roll out your croissant dough and cut each sheet into eight equal squares.
In a muffin pan, place each square of dough into a slot and make it into a shell (see photo).


Inside of the dough, place a small piece of brie and about one teaspoon of filling.
Repeat for each shell.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until dough is golden brown.
You can serve when they are still warm, or when they are cooled down.
Enjoy!


2 comments: