Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Leftovers Club: Gouda, Parsley & Sun-Dried Tomato Muffins

I was a bad blogger this month because I didn't post my Leftovers Club post in time. I did still make a delicious recipe and will still send it to my Leftovers partner (remember Ruthy from Omeletta? We were paired again!). These muffins are super-savory and best when they are warm with some butter. I got this recipe from Taste for Adventure, and it makes 12 muffins.


Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes


Ingredients
Two (2) cups of all-purpose flour
Two (2) teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
One (1) tablespoon of stone ground mustard 
One (1) cup of milk -- I used almond milk
Two (2) eggs, beaten
Four (4) tablespoons of butter, melted
One (1) cup of smoked gouda cheese, shredded
1/4 cup of parsley, chopped
1/8 cup of sundried tomatoes, chopped

Directions
Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and ground mustard.
In a separate bowl, mix the milk, eggs, and butter. Then, toss in the parsley and sundried tomatoes.


Slowly pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring the entire time.
Once the batter is completely mixed, fold in the gouda cheese.
Pour the batter into a lined muffin pan.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
Enjoy!

Also, I may have totally forgotten to post on time, but here are the folks that did! Check out the delicious treats from other Leftovers Club members:

No comments:

Post a Comment