Monday, January 16, 2012

Garlic-Scallion Noodles

This recipe has everything I love: a quick cooking & clean-up time (the longest part was waiting for the water to boil), a hearty amount of food and a lot of garlic.

Ingredients


8oz of thin noodles -- I used whole grain thin spaghetti, but I imagine that even thinner noodles, like angel hair would be delicious.
Four (4) tablespoons of butter -- I used vegan butter

Five (5) cloves of minced garlic -- If you are using garlic in a jar, five cloves equal 2 1/2 teaspoons
1/2 cup of chopped scallions/green onions -- I didn't actually measure this out, but I did use one bundle from the grocer
Two (2) tablespoons of soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar

Directions
Garlic, butter & scallions simmering
Cook noodles as directed on box. Drain and set aside.
Melt butter in a large pan (I'm pretty pumped that I got to use my wok for this one.)
Once butter is melted, toss in garlic and scallions.
Cook for about five minutes on a medium-low heat.
Stir in brown sugar and soy sauce.
Cook for one minute.
Turn heat up and toss in noodles. Ensure that noodles are completely coated. You can also sear them in the pan at this time if you so desire.
Serve immediately. It should serve four.


No comments:

Post a Comment