Friday, May 31, 2013

Liebster Questions

Last night, I was challenged by the lovely Kate over at Sunshine & the Bear to participate in an adorable blogging tradition called the Liebster award (liebster means 'dearest' in German). In doing so, you nominate five dearest bloggers to answer six questions of your choosing & pass the challenge on. It gets bloggers connected to each other, to their readers, and to age-old tradition (dating all the way back to the yesteryear of 2010). I'm totally flattered that Kate chose to challenge me, so make sure to stop over at her blog & check out her answers (& the blogs of the other four bloggers she chose!). I hope you enjoy reading my answers!

The face behind the blog

What’s your favorite class you’ve ever taken and why? Have you done anything with what you learned in it?

I'm in grad school now, and honestly, I haven't stopped taking classes since kindergarten, so I have plenty to choose from here. Now that I'm in my masters program and actually learning something that I love and want to do as a career, I really love taking counseling courses. Non-career classes, though? Probably a literature class I took in undergrad (or my high school AP English class). I've always been a lit nerd and a bookworm and these classes allowed me to read and talk about it. Out in the non-academic world, I organize a local book club (Bookmarks & Barstools) and I think that my love of reading has really spilled over into that.

Bookmarks & Barstools "getting carded" by the Pratt Library!

What’s the best workout (or workout move) you’ve ever done? (Like one that’s made you sore for at least a day!)
I take this awesome spin class at my school. Spinning is so tough & I always feel like I get such an amazing workout (plus, you can burn a billion calories in an hour). It's like 20 minutes of adjustment, 20 minutes of "ohmygodwhatdidIgetmyselfinto?" and 20 minutes of powering through & feeling amazing. My spin teacher is also the best -- she's super-motivating and plays the best music (everything from Glee cover songs to dubstep to Kanye West & more).

'Almost' being the operative word.

If/when you make a pro sports team, what would your stadium entry song be?

I like that Kate asked this question as "if/when," but I don't plan to be on any pro sports teams anytime soon, although I have totally thought about this question a bunch of times. An entry song needs to be fun, motivating and reflect the player's personality. Therefore, I'm going with Florence + the Machine's "Shake It Out." Florence is awesome. Her music is awesome. If I were running out onto the field/court/stadium, I'd want to feel awesome too.


How do you like your eggs?
This is a hard question for a food blogger. I love eggs & eat them so many ways. I think that if I were to choose, it would be deviled (I can eat approximately a hundred dozen deviled eggs in one sitting). However, you should check out my egg recipes & choose for yourself.

I won this, remember?

If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be?
I always joke that I'd be a lame superhero (like Heart from Captain Planet). But really, I'd probably want to be able to teleport myself from place to place, and I blame this interest on some of my favorite sci-fi shows (Sliders, Quantum Leap, and Doctor Who).


Have you ever been on a TV show? If not, what show would you want to be cast in?
I've never been in a movie or on a tv show, although my mom says I look exactly like the cartoon girl in All Dogs Go to Heaven, whose name is also Ann(e) Marie. If I could choose, I'd totally want to be cast in Doctor Who as a companion. BEST JOB EVER.

My doppelganger, yes?

I hope you enjoyed my answers! The five bloggers that I will pass on the Liebster award challenge to are:
Tiffany - Sweet Potato & Spice
Christa - Christa Loves
Cassie - Witty Title Here
My anonymous friend - Sex in Baltimore (oh hey, you should know that her blog is mostly nsfw)
MV Banks - So You're New to Baltimore

and the six questions to answer are:
1. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep each night?
2. What was it that first prompted you to start blogging?
3. Who is your favorite Disney princess? (You can tell a lot about a person from this answer, I think.)
4. When you're cooking for a special occasion, what is your go-to meal?
5. What is your favorite pump-up song?
6. What tv show do you wish never got cancelled?

Aaaannnd...go!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Fun to get to know all of you this way. Although I don't remember all the specifics of the movie itself, I remember All Dogs Go To Heaven making me cry. And yes I can see the resemblance.

    ReplyDelete