Thursday, March 8, 2012

Orzo Salad

This is such an easy and delicious dish, and it can be a side dish or an entree. I usually use another type of pasta, but tonight tried orzo and I think I'm hooked. I actually made two versions: one with mini pepperoni for my partner and one "plain" for me. I hope you enjoy. If you make it yourself, leave a comment on any different ingredients that you put in yours; I can only imagine something like asparagus or artichoke would be an amazing addition.


Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes (plus waiting time for the pasta to cool)

Ingredients
8oz of orzo pasta
1/8 cup of chopped red onion
1/8 cup of diced cheddar cheese
1/8 cup of quartered cherry tomatoes
1/8 cup of halved black olives
1/8 cup of chopped cucumber
4 tablespoons of Italian dressing -- I am actually guessing this, as I didn't have the foresight to measure, I just poured. I put enough that it was lightly coated, but the flavor was more of an accent than anything else.

Directions
Cook the orzo as directed on the box.
Drain and place aside to cool. I put mine in the fridge and stirred it around occasionally because I was being really impatient and hungry.
Once it has cooled almost completely, pour the Italian dressing into the pasta and toss.
Toss in all of the veggies and cheese (and mini-pepperoni, when applicable).
Serve & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment