Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mushroom & Asparagus Risotto

Risotto is probably one of my favorite carbs. This is probably one of my favorite dishes.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients
One (1) box of risotto -- I use Lundberg's Alfredo risotto.
1/2 bundle of asparagus
One (1) carton of button mushrooms
Two (2) tablespoons of butter -- I used vegan butter
Two (2) cloves of minced garlic

Directions
Cook risotto according to the box.
While risotto is cooking, wash and chop veggies. -- I left the button mushrooms whole, but if you are using larger mushrooms, you may want to chop them so they cook all the way through quickly.
When your risotto only has about five minutes left to cook, heat butter and garlic in a pan.
Place vegetables in the pan and saute for a few minutes. -- You'll know when they're done when the asparagus is a bright green color.
Spoon risotto onto plate and cover in veggies.
Eat ravenously.

2 comments:

  1. this looks delicious! i've only ever made risotto a few times but i might have to add this to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Risotto is one of my favorites. The toppings can vary depending on whatever veggies you have on hand. Let me know what you decide to top it with!

      Delete