Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Sandwiches

These cookies are my absolute favorite. I have a good friend that makes them for every occasion (mostly because everyone that she knows practically forces her to do so), and I decided to try my hand at it for my Annual Great Cookie Exchange. This recipe makes 30 cookies and will blow your mind with how easy they are! Enjoy!


Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes (+ 60 minutes of refrigeration)

Ingredients
One (1) jar (16 oz) of your favorite peanut butter -- I used extra crunchy. Do not use anything that says 'natural,' because the oils need to be mixed into the peanut butter and not separating
Sixty (60) Ritz crackers
Sixteen (16) ounces of almond bark -- I actually used semisweet chocolate, but my friend uses almond bark, which makes it more creamy

Directions
Spread peanut butter between two Ritz crackers (make a peanut butter cracker sandwich). Repeat and do this for as many cookies as you want to make.


 In a small microwavable bowl, microwave almond bark/chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments, until completely melted.
Dip cracker sandwiches into the chocolate until fully coated (I used tongs to remove them from the chocolate).


Place chocolate-coated sandwiches on a foil-covered baking sheet.
After you have coated all of the cookies in chocolate, place the baking sheet in your refrigerator and let refrigerate for 60 minutes.
Once the chocolate has set, remove cookies and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment