Monday, December 8, 2014

Glühwein

I used to live in Germany during my early teenage years and one thing that is extremely popular over there - especially during the Christmas holiday - is warm, mulled wine. I decided to make a batch for myself and some friends to enjoy and couldn't believe just how easy it was. Enjoy & Frohe Weihnachten!


Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes

Ingredients
One (1) 750-ml bottle of red wine -- I used a bottle of Merlot, but you can use almost anything. It doesn't have to be a super-nice bottle of wine, because you'll be adding spices.
Eight (8) whole cloves
Cinnamon sticks, for serving
Lemon wedges, for serving

Directions
Pour your wine and the whole cloves into a large saucepan or pot.
Heat on medium-low heat.
After warming your wine for about 10 minutes, remove all of the cloves.
Serve with a cinnamon stick and a wedge of lemon.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment