Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Best of 90s Food: Hot Pockets

This year, the Baltimore Sun's Mobbies are asking each blogger to blog about the thing that she would like to bring back from the 90s. Being that this is a food blog, I went straight for everyone's favorite snacks from the 90s. Not only have I chosen to recognize various 90s food that I miss, but I have recreated them with homemade recipes. In addition to this recipe, I will be recreating and blogging the recipes for Dunkaroos, Lunchables and Pudding Pops. Sit back and enjoy this recipe for homemade Hot Pockets.


While Hot Pockets are still around, they really hit their stride in the 90s and 2000s. This recipe makes a pizza Hot Pocket (one of my favorites), but feel free to customize it to your favorite fillings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients
One (1) can of Pillsbury homestyle biscuits -- do not use any flaky versions
Two (2) cups of pizza sauce
One (1) cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, shredded
1/2 cup of vegan pepperoni, chopped -- I also made meaty ones for my roommates, and the recipe stayed exactly the same

Directions
Preheat your oven to 375F degrees.
On a covered baking sheet (I suggest using foil), spread out a can of Pillsbury biscuits into one smooth sheet.You may have to use a dough roller because this was quite a difficult task for me.


Cut into rectangles, spoon in the sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.
Fold the biscuit dough and crimp the edges.


Bake for 10 minutes or until fully warmed through.
Eat immediately or, if you'd like to freeze them for later, wrap in plastic wrap and then put into a freezer-friendly Ziploc bag. Enjoy!

If you enjoyed this post, please head over to the Mobbies website, starting on November 3rd, and vote for me (this blog is listed in the Food Blog category and the Blogger's Challenge category).

No comments:

Post a Comment