Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Rosemary, Gruyere & Swiss Beer Muffins

I found this amazing recipe from The Beeroness for cheddar beer bread muffins. I am a huge fan of cheddar, but for these muffins, I decided to change course a bit. I bought the beer first, actually, and decided to choose the herbs and cheese around that. I started with Long Trail Brewing Co.'s Ramble. It's a Kolsch "with a hint of lemon and pepper." This sounded amazing and refreshing to me - especially as I am wishing the winter to go away - and I decided to make a lighter savory muffin, thus settling on rosemary, gruyere, and swiss. This recipe makes 10 muffins.


Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
One (1) tablespoon of sugar
Two (2) teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of gruyere and swiss, shredded
Two (2) tablespoons of rosemary, finely chopped
1/4 cup of melted butter
Six (6) ounces of beer







Directions
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
Toss the cheese into the dry mix.
Slowly pour the butter into the mix and continue to stir.


Once the butter is mixed in, pour the beer and stir until the mix becomes doughy.
Spoon the dough into a greased muffin pan. You'll need to full up each muffin tin about 3/4 of the way.
Bake for about 25 minutes.
Once the muffins are golden-brown and cooked thoroughly.
Optionally, spread butter on the tops of the muffins while they are still warm.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. These look so yummy! I've been on a rosemary kick lately, so these are on my "to make" list now.

    I came across your blog tonight, and I'm happy to find a fellow Maryland blogger! I'm your newest fan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was just checking out your blog; I love it! Thanks for reading along.

      Delete